Candid aims to connect communities to resources needed for finding information on nonprofits, connecting nonprofits to fundraising and grant opportunities, as well as connecting individuals to grantmakers to reduce student debt. Candid has three tools, each aimed to achive one of their three goals.
The most comprehensive source of nonprofit information.
- Community members can easily find local nonprofits where they can donate, work, or volunteer
- Connect those in need to resources they rely on, such as food banks or shelters
- Access 2 million+ nonprofits
Click HERE to access GuideStar
Helps nonprofits find funding faster
- Builds robust prospect lists from 242,000+ grantmakers
- Know which funders are more likely to provide support
- Connect with key decison makers through the LinkedIn integration
- Find collaboration opportunities and join forces with other nonprofits
Click HERE to access the Foundation Directory
Helps reduce student debt
- Search for grantmakers who fund scholarships, fellowships, and student aid\
Click HERE to access Grants to Individuals
All three of the Candid Tools can be found in our Research-Databases page under the Business, Finance & Law tab.
Simply click on the Research tab in the main menu of our website, or click on the Research-Databases button next to our catalog search bar. From there, you will be able to click on the Business, Finance & Law category to access a dropdown menu of options. You will then be able to view all three Candid Tools and select which one you would like to utilize.
**You must be logged on to a library computer or connected to the library wifi to access any of the Candid databases.**
Tutorials coming soon.
Click HERE to view a overview of Candids Tool - Grants to Individuals as well as a brief walk through on how to use it.