UPCOMING TEEN EVENTS
- Wednesday, February 12th: DIY Club: Blackout Poetry @3:30pm
- Friday, February 14th: Anti-Valentine’s Day Party @3:00pm
- Thursday, February 27th: Game Night @3:30pm
- Saturday, March 7th: Circuit Central @2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 11th: DIY Club: Marble Mugs @3:30pm
- Thursday, March 26th: Game Night @3:30pm
Need a description of the teen programs happening this year? Click here to find out more!
Need to get your creative juices flowing? Want to Do It Yourself? Come to the teen-only DIY Club, every second Wednesday of each month. We’ll be working on different projects each session, and these club meetings are free! This is a come-when-you-can kind of club, but we’d love to see you each month! Some ideas for the projects include: weaving, string art, bath bombs, optical illusions, vision boards, duct tape wallets, and melted crayon art.
Who’s up for a little friendly competition? The library will be hosting teen-only game nights! Miss Annamae will be the ultimate referee for these games. Get ready for Wii competitions, Uno tournaments, giant Jenga, giant Twister, and so much more!
Anti-Valentine’s Day Party
Having a Valentine is too much pressure. Celebrate yourself at this anti-Valentine’s Day party! On February 14th, decorate your own cookies, break some hearts, and jam out to tunes that celebrate being alone. Registration is encouraged but not required.
Have you ever been curious about circuits? How they work, what goes into them, why they are the way they are? Come to this free event on March 7th and explore the workings of circuits! We’ll be making fruit clocks, DIY circuit boards, and a wire loop game.
Bob Ross Painting Party
“The secret to doing anything is believing that you can do it.” Bob Ross has a plethora of knowledge in his videos, and we’re going to follow along and make happy little accidents along the way. Join us on April 18th for this free event. Registration is required, and sign-ups will be available at the beginning of March.
Historic Escape Room
Your knowledge of Ligonier’s history will be needed for this escape room! The YA librarian will be partnering with PA Room to create a Ligonier-themed Historic Escape Room. Registration is required, and sign-ups will be available at the beginning of April.
Need a Book Recommendation?
Check These Bestsellers Out!
- Let’s Go Swimming on Doomsday by Natalie C. Anderson
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte
- Field Notes on Love by Jennifer E. Smith
- We Walked the Sky by Lisa Fiedler
- The Beauty that Remains by Ashley Woodfolk
- Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- How It Feels to Float by Helena Fox
- Lovely War by Julie Berry
- Alex and Eliza: A Love Story by Melissa de la Cruz
- Gem and Dixie by Sara Zarr
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne
Meet the Librarian
Hi! My name is Annamae Bolen, and I’m the new Teen Librarian and Youth Services Coordinator at the Ligonier Valley Library. I started at the beginning of June 2019, and wanted to share a little bit about myself.