Next Meeting & Cookbook/Cooking Theme:
To Be Announced
Salads & Sandwiches
When: Meetings are bi-monthly and are held 6pm in the library’s community room.
What: A different cookbook will be selected by the group for each meeting. Members will choose a recipe from the cookbook to prepare and bring to a potluck meeting at the library.
The group will discuss recipes, cookbooks, ingredients, cooking methods and styles , and share delicious food with friends.
How it works: A copy of the selected cookbook title will be kept at the main circulation desk. Participants will select a recipe from the book to prepare and bring to the next meeting.
- Use a post-it note to mark the selected recipe with your name (so we know who is making what and to prevent people from choosing the same recipe).
- Library staff will make a copy of the recipe from the cookbook for you to take with you. The cookbook itself is not available for circulation while it is a club selection.
- Once you have selected your recipe, register your name, phone, recipe title and cookbook page number on the registration sheet provided.
- Bring your own place settings (plate, silverware) for each meeting. Coffee will be provided.
- You should make and bring one regular-size recipe – enough that everyone gets a taste. There is no need to double or triple recipes.
- Recipes should be prepared at home prior to the meeting. The library kitchen has a microwave and oven that can be used for re-heating if necessary.
The Cookbook Club is free and open to the public. Pre-registration prior to each bi-monthly meeting is required.
If you are interested in joining any of our book groups, then please stop by the Ligonier Valley Library (see Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/7OU8Q) or call us at 724-238-6451 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each group uses books found in the WLN Online Catalog.