Next Meeting & Cookbook:
Wednesday, December 11 at 6pm
Holiday Cookie Exchange
Bring 4 dozen homemade cookies (plus an extra container to hold the cookies that you will be taking home with you) to the next meeting. Don’t forget to register your selection and bring a copy of the recipe to share with the group.
When: Meetings are bi-monthly and are held 6pm in the library’s community room.
What: A different cookbook will be selected by the group for each meeting. Members will choose a recipe from the cookbook to prepare and bring to a potluck meeting at the library.
The group will discuss recipes, cookbooks, ingredients, cooking methods and styles , and share delicious food with friends.
How it works: A copy of the selected cookbook title will be kept at the main circulation desk. Participants will select a recipe from the book to prepare and bring to the next meeting.
- Use a post-it note to mark the selected recipe with your name (so we know who is making what and to prevent people from choosing the same recipe).
- Library staff will make a copy of the recipe from the cookbook for you to take with you. The cookbook itself is not available for circulation while it is a club selection.
- Once you have selected your recipe, register your name, phone, recipe title and cookbook page number on the registration sheet provided.
- Bring your own place settings (plate, silverware) for each meeting. Coffee will be provided.
- You should make and bring one regular-size recipe – enough that everyone gets a taste. There is no need to double or triple recipes.
- Recipes should be prepared at home prior to the meeting. The library kitchen has a microwave and oven that can be used for re-heating if necessary.
The Cookbook Club is free and open to the public. Pre-registration prior to each bi-monthly meeting is required.
If you are interested in joining any of our book groups, then please stop by the Ligonier Valley Library (see Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/7OU8Q) or call us at 724-238-6451 or email us at email@example.com.
Each group uses books found in the WLN Online Catalog.