- This event has passed.
Virtual Mystery Book Discussion Group
August 21 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
Death in the Stacks will meet virtually on Friday, August 21 at 1PM to discuss the book “The Darwin Affair” by Tim Mason.
How book club will work with COVID-19 restrictions:
- Instead of physical copies of the book, we will offer electronic copies.
- To participate, you will need a WLN library card and the ability to borrow an eBook or eAudiobook.
- Borrow the ebook or downloadable audiobook between August 3 -17.
- Register here and we will email you an invite to the Ligonier Valley Library’s Zoom chat room.
How is this possible? Death in the Stacks will participate in the BIG LIBRARY READ (https://biglibraryread.com/) – a global ebook club that makes an electronic copy of a title available at the same time around the world without any wait lists or holds.
When can we sign up and attend? The Big Library Read’s program runs August 3-17. So you will want to borrow your eBook or eAudiobook on August 3rd or shortly after.
Death in the Stacks will meet virtually in our library’s Zoom chat room on FRIDAY, AUGUST 21 at 1:00PM. (The meeting will take place after the eBooks and eAudiobooks have automatically returned, so make good discussion notes!)
How do I borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks?
- Download the Libby app to get started reading on your smartphone or tablet – learn more @ https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/.
- You can also visit our ebooks & Westmoreland site @ https://westmoreland.overdrive.com/ on your computer.
- Need more assistance with borrowing eBooks & eAudio? Visit https://www.wlnonline.org/how-do-i/use-overdrive/ or call Ligonier Valley Library at 724-238-6451 or stop in.
If you are interested in joining, please register @ https://bit.ly/lvl-Death-in-the-Stacks-reg
Dive with us into the world of mysteries and thrillers in our Death in the Stacks mystery book discussion group. The group meets every other month on the 4th Friday from 11:40 am – 12:50 pm.
February 28 – Killing Trail : a Timber Creek K-9 Mystery by Margaret Mizushima
August 21 – The Darwin Affair by Tim Mason