Welcome! Bring your imaginations and journey with us on a summer that we hope to fill with reading and a lot of fun activities and programs!
Our summer programming will be a little different this year. Instead of coming to the library for our programs, our programs will be coming to you with a little help from the Internet (okay, a lot of help from the Internet). Plus, there is a Summer Reading challenge available for ALL AGES – children, teens, and adults!
Yet another exciting difference with this year’s program is Beanstack! What’s so exciting about Beanstack?
- Keep track of your reading logs, activities, and rewards all from one account – whether just for you or a while family!
- Find freedom in being able to log reading and activities from your home computer or on the go using the mobile app (available on both ISO and Android) – some really great features are available with the app!
- Prizes! As you log reading and activities, earn tickets for drawings.
- Explore recommended reading lists and create your own “wish list” for current and future reading!
- Write book reviews to help other readers connect with new titles or authors.
- From our Beanstack page (ligonierlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365) discover upcoming events, read reviews from your peers, and more. (Not seeing them? Be sure to scroll down the page.)
Summer Reading | June 8 – August 7, 2020
So what are you waiting for? Create your very own Beanstack account today and then register for your challenge, or challenges, on Monday, June 8 (or after). Beanstack will automatically direct you to the appropriate challenge based on your age!
Watch this video created by Mrs. Oates, our children’s librarian, to learn how to set up your account and get started:
CORRECTION: Everyone must register! Even individuals or families who have used Beanstack with another library (e.g. Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh), must register.
Registrations are unique to each library. Once you have registered with Ligonier Valley Library’s Beanstack site, then you will be set for our current and any future online reading challenges.
- Register on our site at https://ligonierlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
- Click on Register an Individual or Family. (If you have used Beanstack before, then you can just sign in.)
- Everyone is encouraged to participate – adults, teens, children, and families. Parents/Guardians start by registering yourself.
- Fill in the required fields. You will be listed as the “Account Creator.”
- You then be prompted to add another adult; followed by adding a child.
- Register for the appropriate challenge. (The available challenges will depend on your age.) Challenges will show on Monday, June 8.
- You’re all set!
Registering on the mobile app is very similar and includes some other great features – including a timer to help track reading minutes!
Other Beanstack Features
– Badges: shows earned badges when you have completed achievements in a program.
– Reviews: shows the peer/age-appropriate reviews that you and other library patrons have written.
– Wish List: shows books the Reader would like to read which are added from book lists.
– The Log: shows what books (number of books/minutes, title, and author) the Reader has logged.
– Switch Readers: Allows for easy switching between all Reader accounts.
– Personalize: Edit information, email notifications, or deactivate a reader’s account.
Having trouble? Or have a question? Call the Ligonier Valley Library at 724-238-6451 or email:
- For the children’s challenges, contact: Mrs. Oates at email@example.com
- For the teen challenge, contact: Miss Annamae at Annamae.Bolen@wlnonline.org
- For the adult challenge, contact: Kathy at Kathy.Giesey@wlnonline.org