Fall into Reading with some fun new Beanstack Challenges.
First up on October 1…. You vs. 2020 Minutes reading challenge!
Can you read 2,020 minutes in three months? Find out! Ages 6-106 are eligible for the challenge which starts on October 1st and runs through December 31st. Use Beanstack to log your minutes. Prizes will be drawn on November 1, December 1, and January 1. Drawings will be for one child, one teen, and one adult each time. Preregistration is open! Register today or any time after on Beanstack. Download and try the Beanstack app!
Starting October 5…. 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten!
Read 1,000 books with your little ones! The challenge is for birth – 5 years. Log reading and earn badges along the way. Have fun and enjoy the time you have together as it goes by so quickly. You can read a book more than once, but make sure to log the number of times.
Also starting October 5…. Read, Step, Go!
Read 30 minutes a day and be active for 30 minutes a day. The challenge is for ages 18-108 and runs through November 16, giving you 6 weeks to earn the Read 21h badge and Log your Active Minutes badge (both are required to complete the challenge). This program is only on Beanstack (no in-person library gatherings). Register today. Two drawings will be held for some great Ligonier Valley Library swag!
What’s Beanstack and why is it so great?
- Fun reading and activity challenges, year around.
- Log your reading, activities, and reviews all from one account – whether just for you or a while family!
- Use Beanstack on your home computer or on-the-go using the mobile app (available on both ISO and Android) – some really great features are available with the app! You can scan books, time yourself, and more.
- Prizes! Some of our challenges involve prizes.
- Explore recommended reading lists and create your own “wish list” for current and future reading!
- Write book reviews to help other readers connect with new titles or authors.
- From our Beanstack page (ligonierlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365) discover upcoming events, read reviews from your peers, and more. (Not seeing them? Be sure to scroll down the page.)
**Not all challenges are the same. Visit the registration for more details.**
So what are you waiting for? Create your very own Beanstack account today. Beanstack will automatically direct you to the appropriate challenge based on your age!
Mrs. Oates, our children’s librarian, created this helpful video for our Summer program, but the basics still apply. Watch and learn how to set up your account and get started:
CORRECTION FROM VIDEO: Everyone must register! Registrations are unique to each library. Once you have registered with Ligonier Valley Library’s Beanstack site, then you will be set for our current and any future online reading challenges with us.
- Register on our site at https://ligonierlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
- Click on Register an Individual or Family. (If you have used Beanstack before with Ligonier Valley Library, then you can just sign in.)
- Everyone is encouraged to participate – adults, teens, children, and families. Parents/Guardians start by registering yourself.
- Fill in the required fields. You will be listed as the “Account Creator.”
- You will then be prompted to add another adult; followed by adding a child.
- Register for the appropriate challenge. (The available challenges will depend on your age.)
- You’re all set!
Registering on the mobile app is very similar and includes some other great features – including a timer to help track reading minutes! (A great feature for the Your vs. 2020 Minutes challenge!)
Other Beanstack Features
– Badges: shows earned badges when you have completed achievements in a challenge.
– Reviews: shows the peer/age-appropriate reviews that you and other library patrons have written.
– Wish List: shows books the Reader would like to read which are added from book lists.
– The Log: shows what books (number of books/minutes, title, and author) the Reader has logged.
– Switch Readers: Allows for easy switching between all Reader accounts.
– Personalize: Edit information, email notifications, or deactivate a reader’s account.
Having trouble? Or have a question? Call the Ligonier Valley Library at 724-238-6451 or email:
- For the children’s challenges, contact: Mrs. Oates at email@example.com
- For the teen challenge, contact: Miss Annamae at Annamae.Bolen@wlnonline.org
- For the adult challenge, contact: Kathy at Kathy.Giesey@wlnonline.org